Re: VOM attacks!!!!!

Message 01279 of 3835

Dear Justin (it's nice to not be addressing you as "Draco" any more!),

Sorry to be checking in so late on this but I've had another Hermetic
Visitor (it's a busy month for me!) and couldn't do any more than just
approve messages for the board. :)

I think The Most valuable bit of wisdom came in the form of a question
from "ihya1347":

"Maybe if you decided once and for all what to do about the
problem it would stop becoming a distraction while you meditate? <<

This is really the crucial factor when it comes to transforming
addictive habits that we enjoy. One *must* decide to transform the
habit and break the addiction and then really give it their all.
Otherwise, the enjoyment will outweigh your will power to overcome the
habit and the addiction and you will be stuck in the limbo that you
describe.

The reason this indecision impacts your VOM is because you are not
obeying your conscience. You *know* you must face these addiction
issues. Once you truly make your decision and begin to transform these
issues, your VOM will clear.

The connection between how closely you obey your conscience and the
clarity of your VOM practice is significant!