Re: Multiplicative gematria

Message 01281 of 3835

Dear Dan,

>> However, as an economist, I rarely let the facts get in the way of a
good conclusion ;) <<

;-) No wonder that our economy is in such a mess! ;-)

>> However, it is interesting to note that light is the only thing in
Gen 1 that is not created - 'G-d said "let there be light" and there was
light' (whereas everything else is explicilty noted as being created).
<<

Again, I suggest you take a much closer look at Genesis One. The word
translated into English as "created" is very specific. The only
instances where Elohim "created" are:

1) "the heavens and earth" (1:1)
2) "the sea-monsters, creatures that creep, and fowl" (1:21)
3) "man in His own image" (1:27)
4) "male and female created He them" (1:27)

You might find this link helpful:
http://www.ABardonCompanion.com/Path1.html