Re: A nice, sweet, mental sleep.

Message 01675 of 3835

<<What you describe sounds to me like "realizing that
you are asleep", one of the cardinal points of the
4-th way (Gurdjieff). To me it sounds like a fine,
deep realization at that ;-)>>

Thanks so much for trying to consolate me <sigh> :-)

<<Personally I have been thinking about an other side
of this coin.>>

Can you tell me how many sides your coins have :-?

<<Sometimes I find, to use your words, a "nice, sweet,
mental", not SLEEP but REST. That is, I don't DO
anything at all. First, I have to *try to not do*
anything, but after a while, this seems to be a real
not-doing. It is as if my thoughts, and after a while
myself, ceased to exist. Life goes on, and I know it,
but almost without me. Mind you, this state I only
keep for short periods of time.>>

Well, I was not talking about *this*. What surfaced
yesterday was an almost perfect illustration of one of
the negative sides of the melancholic (and phlegmatic)
temperaments, meaning idleness.
I hadn't discovered it before, because I was working
on specifics, while this problem was filling the
entire landscape, so to speak.
Well. Guess I'll have a very large mirror :-)

Greetings
NB