Re: Another Step One question - EOM

Message 01751 of 3835

Dear David,

>> What do I do if I am trying to practice emptiness of mind and
hypnagogic (pre-sleep) imagery keeps coming up? They aren't entirely
consciously controlled, more like random images that pop into my
head, and my mind is fuzzied from fatigue or something so I have a
harder time focusing. Should I just refrain from EOM practice if I
am somewhat sleepy, or is this a common phenomenon which represents
the next layer of "thoughts" to be eliminated? <<

If this wasn't happening around your being sleepy, I'd say you were
encountering another of the many layers one encounters with continued
practice of the EOM. But since it is associated with sleepiness, this
sounds more like you're actually falling asleep and then waking up,
perhaps over and over very rapidly. I recommend that you practice the
EOM when you're wide awake. Which means either learning how to wake
yourself up or doing your EOM exercise at another time.