Re: Hermetic View of Eyesight Loss

Message 01841 of 3835

Hi Dan,

I too have explored the Bates method and noticed some similarities
between Bates and Bardon. Based on my limited experience, I've found
that many aspects of the mental exercises coincide with aspects of
the Bates method. For instance, Bates' idea that you can only see or
think of one thing clearly at a time is similar in some respects to
thought discipline: my mind is always all over the place and I find
that when I am more in the present, this eases stress on my eyes and
vision as well. The subtext being that this only works if you are
not exerting effort; Bates talks about "voluntary" and "involuntary
concentration," the former being unhealthy because it involves
forcing the mind, which is counterproductive and generates tension.
Overall, it seems to me from my reading and experience that the
relaxing and disciplining of the mind is strongly correlated to the
restoration of good vision.

I don't know anything about the Hermetic view of eyesight loss per se
so I'll stop there in case this wasn't where you're wanting to go
with your question.

David

Main Index | Thread Index