Working with the Elements

Message 01882 of 3835

Hi,

I just had another tidbit to share. To be honest, when I first
started IIH, the idea of the Elements was pretty foreign to me and I
was kind of skeptical. (Has anyone seen the Star Trek: Next
Generation episode where Data is marooned amidst a more "primitive"
society where a woman was teaching children that everything was made
up of earth, air, fire, and water?)

Now I can definitely start to see the Elements in my life. I have an
imbalance of Fire over Water, which results in overthinking,
dehydration and tension of muscles, lack of fluidity in my body and
my thinking, lack of sensual enjoyment, etc. It's very exciting to
me that I can begin to see and apply the concepts of the elements to
my life.

(This also has close parallels with Chinese medicine, which I'm also
interested in: Dryness or lack of Moisture explains a good number of
the physical things I am suffering from.)

If anyone does have any input to give me on expanding this awareness
or, particularly, in dealing with my Water deficiency, please share.
I was thinking that maybe trying to experience Water's fluidity and
grace in my body while moving through everyday life might be a way of
addressing this ...

Thanks,
David

Main Index | Thread Index