Re: A question of company

Message 01944 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Jeremy Jacobs" <darkzen15@h...>
wrote:

> Dear Group,
> I was wondering if there are real live practicing groups of
magicians in the
> world? I mean seriously dedicated to the great work, exploring the
mysteries
> magicians. People who work for the greater good and stuff like
that.
> Especially with an emphasis on the hermetics as per mentioned by
bardon.

> I ask this because while sometimes i may not show it my family and
friends,
> i am a social creature as are most humans and at tis point of time
i feel
> very out of touch with the magickal community because all this
solitary work
> is driving me nuts because i have no place to go for open trust-
worthy
> knowledgable conversation.
>
> Please do reply
>
> Love
> Jeremy

Jeremy, in fact there are many groups practicing whom believe that
they are sincerely practicing the great work. I was with one group
for about 12 years. This group really believed they were in contact
with the great white brotherhood. You can check out the Golden Dawn,
the Rosicrucians (in multiple flavors and amounts of
hermeticism),Dion Fortunes Fraternity of the Inner Light, the Aurum
Solis, the A.A. , the OTO, the Builders of the Adytum, to name a few.
Have I ever met anyone I would consider an Adept? Nope. I find the
groups valuable, but in the end progress comes from within. All
groups must, by their very existance foster a feeling of separation
from other individuals outside the order. This is, in fact, contrary
to progress. (Keep in mind this is my opinion, and I do not consider
myself an adept. I have had contact with members of many groups,
though.) Keep in mind God is within you, and without you. You are
God, and so am I. Therefore in my opinion all that leads to
separation from others or boosting the ego in the sense that you are
better than others is counter productive to development. And that
seems to me to be where the group environment leads. If i had any
right to give advice, I would say find an individual to talk to.

Main Index | Thread Index