RE: Redundancy of Thoughts

Message 01995 of 3835

The first thing I would recommend would be to indulge yourself in it for a little while and see if you get tired of it. If that doesn't work, try some sort of physical activity to liven up your willpower and get your mind off of the song. When it comes time to meditate again, try toying with the ego, thinking about how you can either get distracted AGAIN by a simple song or else experience stillness in the mind, something previously unknown. Be careful not to create a duality between yourself and the part of your mind creating the song. The song is there because of a desire, such as a want for stimulation. The key is to get to the point where you are just starting to get the song stuck in your head and be able to decide that you would simply rather not follow that train of thought at this point in time.

Good luck,
Stephen M.