Re: Doubts about the path

Message 02032 of 3835

Rawn,

I guess I would also like to reiterate and elaborate on my resistance
to the Bardonian path based on the overwhelming amount of
information. It has certainly not been easy to grasp many of the
concepts and I suppose I have been under the misapprehension that
learning should be easy.

It is just that I don't quite have a sense of what and how much I am
supposed to know, in terms of theory, at any particular stage.
Amongst the beginning pages of IIH, there is the picture of the
Magician tarot card, for instance, and several pages later a listing
of the different parts of the body and their magnetic and electrical
aspects. As a beginner in the Bardon system, with no prior
background in tarot or any other aspect of Western esoteric
traditions, what am I supposed to do with that? Is it information I
should memorize? Is it something I should set aside because
understanding will naturally come as I explore later steps? Is the
text something I should pore over and meditate on to get a deeper
understanding? If so, is it implied that this is something that I
will do on my own as I progress, though not laid out explicitly in
the steps?

I know for instance that I have gained a clearer understanding of the
four elements from doing the soul mirrors. But I didn't actually
know that I would get a clearer understanding until I was doing the
soul mirror exercise. It was helpful to read Rawn's commentary
suggesting that the student not worry overmuch about getting exactly
the right elemental categorization at this stage, but overall I kind
of feel like I have been thrown into a pool at the deep end without
knowing too much about swimming. It gets worse when people talk on
the message boards about the Qabala. I guess I become worried about
what I should know but don't, because being fresh out of the school
system (and poised to jump back in in a couple of years), I am used
to having my education structured and externally guided.

So can somebody just tell me to figure it all out for myself, just so
I KNOW that's what I have to do? :) Or give me some pointers or
resources?

Thanks,
David

Main Index | Thread Index