Re: Re: Doubts about the path

Message 02034 of 3835

Hi David,

I have followed your current questions with real interest, because it
probably reflects something that all of us have to go through - to one
degree or another. A lot could be said in reply to your questions, but I
wish to address one part of your doubts - that about a need for a Master. I
have been in spiritual practice for over 30 years, in both the Buddhist and
'Hindu' paths. I is my direct experience that: (1) Your development
depends upon what YOU bring to the practice - not the qualities or presence
of a Master. Over the years I have known many people who have lived with a
Master(s) and not gained anything from it. And I have known others who have
had very little contact with a Master, but Realized the True nature of their
Being. (2) If and when you need a Master one WILL appear and it will not
have anything to do with your seeking one. It will be given to you. So
relax. Get out of your head!! Do something physical to get your self
grounded. Enjoy. (3) Your seeking for Enlightenment is the biggest block to
your Enlightenment! It is the great knot the must be cut. A little advise -
do not seek Enlightenment - which is a concept of mind, but rather be
devoted to Truth - not truth of some concept (mind), but Truth as IT IS in
this and ever moment right where you are . This will take you much further
than seeking something called Enlightenment. Once again relax and enjoy -
you will and are receiving everything that you need. Right now you are just
suffering a mind fart :).

Delight,

Roger