Re: Happy First Anniversary!!! Evocation

Message 02980 of 3835

manfy_2000@... writes:

> All is thesame , is one,
one end result, just different names.

I'd like to say I agree heartily with this. Many exercises, theories, etc.,
are the same all over, especially if one knows the whole system - they often
start in different places. Zen and Taoism were two things I knew something of
before I discovered Hermetics. Lo and Behold, reading the Corpus Hermeticum I
realised that there are strong resemblances to both - to Zen in terms of the
way it deals with mind, and to Taoism in the way it deals with God.

It was a great relief to come to these things and realise we have such a
tradition in the West! It's lke being able to come home.... Jason