Re: Reasons for evoking a particular spirit

Message 02981 of 3835

Dear Rawn,

>>>There is no universally applicable "should" in this instance. :)
It's up to *you*. All the motivations you've listed are indeed valid,
but do not represent a comprehensive list. For example, one motivation
you didn't mention is that of inviting a friendly acquaintance into
*your* home. :) My recommendation is that one's first evocation be in
this spirit of friendship instead of "wanting" or "needing". Greet the
entity mentally where they "reside" first and once a rapport has been
established, see if they are agreeable to visiting *your* home through
an evocation.<<<

Knew I forgot a motivation or two in my little short list. The one
that you mentioned is perhaps one of the ones that I use the most as
well.

As far as "needing" goes. If a magician that is truely able to perform
an evocation as per Bardon's pre-requisits, then he really doesn't
need any help performing a certian task as he can do it on his own. A
need for information is a slightly different matter in my opinion
given that quite a few of the earthzone spirits have access to quite a
few of those hidden little secrets that are still not widely known.

>>>:) Evocation is meant to produce an expansion of consciousness --
of *self* awareness. This expansion of self occurs primarily as a
result of the mental elevation that is required in order to establish
mental contact with the entity. This expansion however, is
*integrated* into the lower levels of self *through* the evocation
ritual. So as your self-awareness expands to encompass higher and
higher levels of that specific mental zone within its experience of
'self', more and more of the overall zone is encompassed. Thus one
doesn't need to encompass all the "heads" of a zone, one after the
other individually. At a certain point, there is a quantum shift in
which you suddenly encompass the entire zone within your
self-awareness and it is then that you are ready to begin work with
the next zone in sequence.<<<

When I perfomred an evocation shortly after I wrote this last e-mail I
came to a similar conclusion. Namely that trying to encompass each
zone, or trying to merge with the divine is quite a bit like trying to
master the akasha. To try to encompass one magnitude of infinity one
can not do this with small steps. At the same time, however, those
first small steps are necessary so that one is prepaired to make the
gigantic leap to encompass all of infinity.

Now, how should one approach the particular zone? I mean, if you first
start with a particular zone do you start with trying to contact those
"heads" that encompass a vast majority of the zone, or do you start
off with the lesser spirits? Start off by contacting lower-middle
management or the CEO as it where? I know Bardon suggests introducing
yourself slowly and gradually to the zone.

>>>This is because you are using your body's own energy instead of
drawing all the energy required *from the universe*. Or, if you *are*
drawing energy from the universe, then you are resisting its flow
somewhere in your astra-physical body.<<<

Yes, that would definetly appear to be the case. Though in recent
evocations this doesn't seem to be the case.

Thank you for your response.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>
wrote:
> Dear Peter,
>
> >> Alright, advanced question time. Rawn has already gone over the
> reasons for performing evocation in previous correspondences, but
no-one
> has ever really gone over why one should evoke one particular entity
> over another. For when Bardon speaks of the Book of Magical Formulae
the
> first item that he places in the forefront is 1. Purpose of the
> operation. Should the purpose be just to evoke the being? Learn what
it
> has to say, to teach you? To have a sense of communion with
something
> that is outside the normal realm of human consciousness in an
attempt to
> expand one's own consciousness so that it can garner a better
> understanding of the divine? Or should it be to have the spirit
perform
> a specific task? Something that should, most likely be practiced
once a
> good rapport has been made with that particular spirit. <<
>
> There is no universally applicable "should" in this instance. :)
It's
> up to *you*. All the motivations you've listed are indeed valid,
but do
> not represent a comprehensive list. For example, one motivation you
> didn't mention is that of inviting a friendly acquaintance into
*your*
> home. :) My recommendation is that one's first evocation be in
this
> spirit of friendship instead of "wanting" or "needing". Greet the
> entity mentally where they "reside" first and once a rapport has
been
> established, see if they are agreeable to visiting *your* home
through
> an evocation.
>
> >> Bardon states, "When the magician has become sufficiently
acquainted
> with the zone girdling the earth, so that he has contacts with some
of
> its heads, especially the masters of magic, he may start trying to
get
> into contact with intelligences of the Moon sphere." How many
spirits
> should one come in contact with to become "sufficiently acquainted
with
> the zone girdling the earth"? I know that in some areas of PME
Bardon
> seems to imply that to master the sphere one needs to evoke quite a
> number, if not all of the heads of that particular sphere. Which
> sometimes boggles my mind given the number of spirits that Bardon
lists
> throughout PME. If he was in personal contact with each of these
> spirits...even over the course of many years it would almost seem as
if
> he would be performing an evocation or more every day over the
course of
> at several years. <<
>
> :) Evocation is meant to produce an expansion of consciousness --
of
> *self* awareness. This expansion of self occurs primarily as a
result
> of the mental elevation that is required in order to establish
mental
> contact with the entity. This expansion however, is *integrated*
into
> the lower levels of self *through* the evocation ritual. So as your
> self-awareness expands to encompass higher and higher levels of that
> specific mental zone within its experience of 'self', more and more
of
> the overall zone is encompassed. Thus one doesn't need to encompass
all
> the "heads" of a zone, one after the other individually. At a
certain
> point, there is a quantum shift in which you suddenly encompass the
> entire zone within your self-awareness and it is then that you are
ready
> to begin work with the next zone in sequence.
>
> >> Personally when I work an evocation, I often feel physically
drained,
> and usually quite hungry afterwords. In contrast to this sense of
> physical fatigue there is an extreme sense of peace and exhileration
> upon the astral and mental bodies... <<
>
> This is because you are using your body's own energy instead of
drawing
> all the energy required *from the universe*. Or, if you *are*
drawing
> energy from the universe, then you are resisting its flow somewhere
in
> your astra-physical body.
>
> This is one reason why Bardon placed evocation after completion of
Step