Re: Re: A minor soul mirror question

Message 03310 of 3835

Hey Chuck,

>>Then I take that thought
to sleep with me to be worked on in the subconscious as I impregnate
the opposite characteristic from the negative and it works....
There are many fine tools to deal with negating the negative trait,
also I find that I spend time inbreathing the Divine virtue that is
the opposite of the negative trait.<<

That all sounds good to me too. I agree that the tools provided are very
good and effective even in step 1. In fact I sometimes find myself in the
paradoxical position of why bother to progress! I also think Bardon's genius
was in
writing something so infinitely flexible and yet so definite. We all start
from such different places.

My only other comment on the whole process so far is that the mental helps
with the astral. As in, once you get good at Thought Discipline you can
meditate on the tetragrammaton itself and its significance, and then be
constantly
aware, initiate a kind of rolling program of mirror work, doesn't even need to
be written down in a way, of observing its operation in your life. Can all
sort of be noted as you go and even start to be corrected on the spot day to
day. I find that really helpful. Life gets to be your mirror.

I don't find the whole 'opposite characteristic' thing works for me so well
though. As in, you felt fear so you breathe in courage - because it seems too
general.... do you know what I mean? What I feel works best personally is
really like one of those old 'choose your own adventure' books - where you took
what seems a wrong turn. You turn back and see what you should have done. It a
ll kind of comes down to knowing what one should do but being afraid of
opening oneself to love - fear and love seem like the uber-fault and
uber-virtue
if you like.

So I kind of ask myself the question, 'What would I have to have been
feeling/believing/thinking/etc. to have acted differently?' And the cool thing
is
if you phrase it like that it's always a positive, never negative. Then
breathe that in and just be confident you've changed. This way your life
becomes a
story you're writing. Which is like saying, until you do step 1-3 life is
writing you!

It reminds me a bit of what Rawn describes in the 'Centre of Stillness'
meditation, where you lift yourself up and look down and see all the threads of
your life, and you can reposition them. I seem to understand these threads as
stories that one is involved in. It helps too with all the grading, of what
you want to tackle 1st etc., especially with a problem I keep having which is
wanting to solve it all, *now*! That could be described as a change of tone
in the narrator's voice maybe, as in I need to learn to tell myself the story
of myself as calmly as possible! But I love reading and stories so this is why
it works this way for me. In general I think whatever one loves is going to
be helpful.

best to you, Jason