Re: The first excercise

Message 03402 of 3835

>how we can be detached from a train of thought

If you are able to know that you are detached from a train of
thought, then you are at a certain stage of development... but no
matter where one is one must attack personally the exercise of Step
1. So, from where you are, emptiness of mine, with 'no' thought
occuring at all... ask yourself this... (when you're there, not here
and now in logicizing it all in typing)..

Just say;
There is no thought, without my thinking of a thought.

relax and immediately listen in the silence.
Do it a couple of times, there 'should' be a voice repeating what you
just said. Now... 'there' is a place to go to. Go to that place where
the thought was repeated. Listen to it, again and again, just let it
repeat it and anything else that it is saying. You should be able
tolocate some place in yourself that is making these statements.

If not, then it is entirely possible that you are not doing these
exercises but just thinking about doing them soon in the near future
and this is your preparation work, and you are intellicizing it. If
that is the case then that is where we are not addressing what you
are asking. Because we are giving you instructions in experiencing
it, as we are experiencing it. If you are not into experiencing it
but just in logicizing it then that is another matter.

Logicizing. There is a still, quiet voice within each of us. There is
a voice of our merged mind, thought, feeling, experiential humanity
past, and fantasy future. All of these are different aspects of
thought that are possible and we use these merged functions to speak
and think and communicate to ourselves as well as others. The Bardon
methodology is concerned with doing inside mental work in locating
the occuring place of each of these (and other) functions. Once
located they can be controlled once one has learned to apply oneself
to the basic tenents of nature. This, as well as having access to a
higher sense of virtues is all that the methodology is all about.

So, the first Step is closing ones eyes and facing the fact that one
thinks. How does one think? Where does one think from? Follow one
thought and find out for yourself. For it is only in finding for
yourself that you know. And the prize is knowing.

Be well,
Chuck

Main Index | Thread Index