Re: The first excercise

Message 03403 of 3835

Hi Justin,

I think tthat's a good description. Thanks for your help.

Ardeshir

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Justin B <devilsgoatee@y...>
wrote:
> Hello Ardeshir!
>
> Lets see if i get what your asking. Your doing the exercise of
thought observance. You sit/lay down, relax and prepare to do the
practice. No thoughts appear to you if you don't start them and keep
them going? No thoughts on work, relationships, cutting the grass,
bills, politics, pets..etc? These thoughts in a everyday life stroll
through or pop in like a neighbor in a sitcom and leave just the
same unless you grab hold of one and pay it attention. ALL thoughts
are from the ether, NONE are *yours*. Based on you development and
karma you *receive* thoughts which are of the same grade. So the
true state of mind is pure emptiness. The exercise calls for you to
sit and observe, akin to watching the clouds pass or a stream flow
by. If one, two, three, fifty... thoughts roll in, observe them and
thats it! If no thoughts come in then your mind is vacant. Just
observe and be aware. Now as a useful side note thoughts that appear
more than once are likely soul mirror items so thats why its
> important to recall them after the exercise.
>
> Is this what your needing to know? Hope it clarifies. Bardon gives
such amazing descriptions of the exercises, it seems like one can
read them 20 times and get a little more out of them each time. Best
of luck to you.

> sineadoconnorfan <sineadoconnorfan@y...> wrote:
>
> But if anyone can give me a specific clarification of my problem
> with the first excercise I would appreciate it. My problem is
that
> I don't see how we can have a train of thought without being
> actively involved in imagining it, so then I don't understand how
we
> can be detached from a train of thought when a train of thought
> requires active participation in imagining it. Thanks for your
help.

> Ardeshir
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
> Children InternationalGive a Child the gift of Hope this Holiday
season ·Click Here to meet a Boy
> And Change His Life·Click Here to meet a Girl
> And Give Her Hope areLearn More

Service.