Re: Question on Soul Mirror work?

Message 03654 of 3835

Hey Jason,

I've had similar problems with these exercises. In my opinion, the
differentiation between "placebo" and the eucharistic magics is only
a semantic one.

Consider that when we hold an idea in our minds -- say, a strong
one, like a sexual fantasy -- it alters our mental and astral
experiences. Thus with the eucharistic magic we should simply
employ a vivid imagination toward the end we desire, and the outcome
will depend on the intensity of this imagination and the strength of
the belief.

The general idea with placebos in scientific circles is, "Oh, it
doesn't *really* work, it's only his *belief.*" I think that with
these exercises we deliberately manipulate the same mind-stuff that
works in placebo cases -- working along the same principles, but
consciously. That is, we operate under the understanding that our
beliefs about what we experience actually do determine much of what
we end up experiencing.

Now, I don't know to what extent impressing an ideation on the
akasha will affect other people, but I think it's similar to
concepts like fear-contagion (ie when someone's afraid, it tends to
infect other people). So I think it is all linked, but that the key
to controlling it is consciously directed will.

David

Main Index | Thread Index