Re: Dear Rawn and Martin

Message 03761 of 3835

Dear Joel,

>> Concerning EOM..I still have a doubt..the progress in the exercise,
it isn't linear right? Some days the results are better, others the
results are worst, but with time, you progress and master it right? <<

Yes. Just relax and *experience* the process you are going through with
this exercise, Joel. Let go of all your worries about how what you are
accomplishing is *not* "good enough". These worries take you away from
the immediacy of self-awareness that EOM is meant to reveal and
cultivate. Just *track* (i.e., take note of) your progress instead of
obsessing about your rate of progress.

With Step One especially, you are *learning* about yourself at every
level and an important part of getting to know yourself in this way, is
the process of letting go of your expectations and simply *experiencing*
what *is*, as *it* is. When you get caught up in "this isn't happening
quick enough", you immediately shift away from *experiencing* what *is*,
as *it* is. In the end, this slows a person's rate of actual progress
because what *is* -- when *experienced* as *it* is -- leads us very
rapidly toward success.

>> Rawn, concerning the emptiness of mind itself..during the exercise, I
focus on the mental vibration of no thoughts. <<

This might be a good method of leading yourself *into* an EOM state but
*maintaining* this focus is not a true emptiness of mind. With EOM,
there is no "doing" -- there is only BEing.

>> Sometimes, if I focus a lot..I can feel the mental vibration before
it become a thought in my mind, and feeling that vibration, I can stop
it from manifestat itself, so, I don't think at all. <<

When you are doing this, are you thinking about the process? For
example, are you thinking, "okay, I'm looking out for that mental
vibration now . . . there it is, but before it becomes a full thought,
I'd better stop it . . . okay, I've stopped it . . . now I'm looking out
for that mental vibration again . . ." ?

>> To have this..sensitivity skill concerning the mental vibration, for
Bardon, is a necessary skill to move on to other exercises after EOM? <<

A natural by-product of EOM practice is an increase in the immediacy of
your self-awareness. In other words, you become continuously aware of
yourself, and at a deeper and deeper level the longer you have
practiced. The sensitivity you describe is a natural by-product of
early EOM practice in which you become continuously aware of the surface
mind's content and can therefore perceive when thoughts are about to
arise into awareness.