Re: Dear Rawn and Martin

Message 03781 of 3835

Do you know what helped me with emptiness of mind? Animals.
Especially so-called primitive ones. Right now I've got a snake,
tortoise, and some land crabs living with me. They spend a lot of
time immobile, awake, doing nothing. By pretending to be them to the
point where i was no longer thinking about pretending to be them, I'd
get into this primitive animal headspace where all I'd do is breathe,
and my thoughts would be ... nothing.

I've run into a weird feeling where my breathing gets very deep and
shallow, but it doesn't seem dangerous. I use an alarm clock to
break out of it.

This probably won't help the majority, but maybe people who also have
a kinship with the so-called primitive animals.

Slanted,

Kiyan

p.s.: sad to see this group go.

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Rawn Clark" <rawnclark@n...>
wrote:
> Dear Joel,
>
> >> Concerning EOM..I still have a doubt..the progress in the
exercise,
> it isn't linear right? Some days the results are better, others the
> results are worst, but with time, you progress and master it right?
<<

> Yes. Just relax and *experience* the process you are going through
with
> this exercise, Joel. Let go of all your worries about how what you
are
> accomplishing is *not* "good enough". These worries take you away
from
> the immediacy of self-awareness that EOM is meant to reveal and
> cultivate. Just *track* (i.e., take note of) your progress instead
of
> obsessing about your rate of progress.
>
> With Step One especially, you are *learning* about yourself at every
> level and an important part of getting to know yourself in this
way, is
> the process of letting go of your expectations and simply
*experiencing*
> what *is*, as *it* is. When you get caught up in "this isn't
happening
> quick enough", you immediately shift away from *experiencing* what
*is*,
> as *it* is. In the end, this slows a person's rate of actual
progress
> because what *is* -- when *experienced* as *it* is -- leads us very
> rapidly toward success.
>
> >> Rawn, concerning the emptiness of mind itself..during the
exercise, I
> focus on the mental vibration of no thoughts. <<
>
> This might be a good method of leading yourself *into* an EOM state
but
> *maintaining* this focus is not a true emptiness of mind. With EOM,
> there is no "doing" -- there is only BEing.
>
> >> Sometimes, if I focus a lot..I can feel the mental vibration
before
> it become a thought in my mind, and feeling that vibration, I can
stop
> it from manifestat itself, so, I don't think at all. <<
>
> When you are doing this, are you thinking about the process? For
> example, are you thinking, "okay, I'm looking out for that mental
> vibration now . . . there it is, but before it becomes a full
thought,
> I'd better stop it . . . okay, I've stopped it . . . now I'm
looking out
> for that mental vibration again . . ." ?
>
> >> To have this..sensitivity skill concerning the mental vibration,
for
> Bardon, is a necessary skill to move on to other exercises after
EOM? <<