Controlling the time

Message 00218 of 3835

While I´m doing the mental exercise of Step 1 ( observing thoughts ) I
continuously have one little problem. After 5 or 6 minutes of doing the
exercise I start wondering about how long has it been since I started, " Is it
ten minutes already?".
At first I did the following: I got an alarm clock and set it for 10 minutes. I
wraped it in heavy clothing so that the "beep-beep" should be a nice and quiet
one. The thoughts about "how long" got reduced but I still have the habit of
wondering when is going the "beep-beep" to start.
Has anybody gone through this? What should I do? Part of my mind is too
attentive about the time and I can´t be 100% in the passive state.